[BangPypers] BangPypers meetup
Deepak Garg
2012-10-10 12:21:41 UTC
HI All,

We haven't had a meetup for quite some time. How about we have a meetup on
10th November, Saturday ?

Cheers,
--
Deepak Garg,
Data Center and Cloud Div.

Github: https://github.com/gargdeepak
LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/deepakgargiit
Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/khinnu4u/presentations
Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Sunil Murthy
2012-10-11 02:34:12 UTC
Thanks Deepak. Looking forward to the meetup. I suppose Nov 10th works well
since the previous weekend is Karnataka Rajyotsava holiday weekend and there
may be folks going out of town. I'll be happy to host in our office in
J.P.Nagar.

Any topic suggestions? Like to suggest django-social-auth and facebook
integration.

Sunil

_____

_____
Deepak Garg
2012-10-11 03:24:24 UTC
Thanks Sunil,

I have scheduled a meetup here:
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/

Everyone can edit this. So, please update the address of the place.

If anyone would like to present something there, please update the
'Details' of the meetup event or reply back on this thread.

Cheers,
Deepak
Post by Sunil Murthy
[...]
Phone-no.:+917829866870

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Sunil Murthy
2012-10-11 03:41:49 UTC
I have updated the address to 1312 (2nd Floor), 20th Main, 9th Cross, 2nd
Phase J.P.Nagar, Bangalore - 560 078. The landmark is JP Nagar Police
Station / Rangashankara.

- Sunil

Everyone can edit this. So, please update the address of the place.

If anyone would like to present something there, please update the 'Details'
of the meetup event or reply back on this thread.

Cheers,
Deepak

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Deepak Garg
2012-10-18 07:24:10 UTC
Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.

If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or update
the page yourself.

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Anand Chitipothu
2012-10-18 07:28:54 UTC
Post by Deepak Garg
Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.
If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or update
the page yourself.
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/
I strongly suggest that you make an agenda and find some speakers
before finalizing the meeting. Just one or two people turned up for
past 2 meetings even though the meetup count show double digits.

Anand
Deepak Garg
2012-10-18 09:04:29 UTC
Replies inline below.
Post by Deepak Garg
Post by Deepak Garg
Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.
If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or
update
Post by Deepak Garg
the page yourself.
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/
I strongly suggest that you make an agenda and find some speakers
before finalizing the meeting.
[Deepak] One topic/speaker is already confirmed and I am ready with one
topic. I am waiting for more people to come ahead in which case I will skip
my topic.
Post by Deepak Garg
Just one or two people turned up for
past 2 meetings even though the meetup count show double digits.
[Deepak] The last one I had attended was June meetup which had nearly 25
guys and the topics/talks were good. I am not sure how was the July meetup
( the one with Pycon discussion ). Which particular meetup are you talking
about ?
However, the meetup is on November 10 and I had floated it early, so that
more people can plan regarding presenting/attending and we have enough time
for marketing.

Hope its fine.

Deepak
Post by Deepak Garg
Anand
Deepak Garg,
Data Center and Cloud Div.
Citrix R&D, India
Phone-no.:+917829866870

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Noufal Ibrahim
2012-10-18 09:06:02 UTC
Deepak Garg <deepakgarg.iitg at gmail.com> writes:

[...]
Post by Deepak Garg
[Deepak] The last one I had attended was June meetup which had nearly 25
guys and the topics/talks were good. I am not sure how was the July meetup
( the one with Pycon discussion ). Which particular meetup are you talking
about ?
However, the meetup is on November 10 and I had floated it early, so that
more people can plan regarding presenting/attending and we have enough time
for marketing.
+1 to the effort. What are the topics planned?

[...]
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Noufal Ibrahim
2012-10-18 08:04:31 UTC
Post by Deepak Garg
Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.
If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or update
the page yourself.
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/
I'll try to make it.

Any topics planned?

[...]
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Deepak Garg
2012-10-18 09:10:53 UTC
One of the topics is confirmed - "Django social-auth" - integrating Django
with Open Id framework

Noufal, if you can present something on 'Python and C' bindings, it will be
nice. I remember we had discussed it sometime back in the ML but never
really got the chance.

Thanks,
Deepak
Post by Deepak Garg
Post by Deepak Garg
Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.
If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or
update
the page yourself.

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Noufal Ibrahim
2012-10-18 09:15:28 UTC
Post by Deepak Garg
One of the topics is confirmed - "Django social-auth" - integrating Django
with Open Id framework
Noufal, if you can present something on 'Python and C' bindings, it will be
nice. I remember we had discussed it sometime back in the ML but never
really got the chance.
I can try. There's some time before the meetup. Can't guarantee it but I
think I'll be able to do something.

[...]
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Deepak Garg
2012-11-03 15:17:25 UTC
Call for speakers/presenters:

Please let know if anyone would like to present something in this Nov 10
meetup : http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/

Thanks,
Deepak
Post by Deepak Garg
nice. I remember we had discussed it sometime back in the ML but never
really got the chance.
I can try. There's some time before the meetup. Can't guarantee it but I
think I'll be able to do something.
[...]
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Deepak Garg,

Software Engineer,
Amazon India,
Phone-no.:+917829866870

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Deepak Garg
2012-11-05 14:07:52 UTC
A no. of people include Sunil (who is hosting the meetup) said that it is
too close to Diwali and most of people will be in their hometown. So, I
have moved the date of the meetup to 24th Nov.
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/

Please comment on the event page if you want to discuss the date.

Thanks,
Deepak

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Noufal Ibrahim
2012-11-05 16:40:04 UTC
I don't think I will be in Bangalore for most of November. I am leaving
town on the 9 and will be back only in early December. I don't think
I'll be able to make it for the meeting.
http://nibrahim.net.in
Deepak Garg

Deepak Garg,
Software Engineer,
Amazon India,
Phone-no.:+917829866870
Github: https://github.com/gargdeepak
LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/deepakgargiit
Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/khinnu4u/presentations
Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Deepak Garg,

Software Engineer,
Amazon Development Center India,
Phone-no.:+917829866870

Skype-id: deepakgarg.iit
Noufal Ibrahim
2012-11-21 06:48:37 UTC
Post by Deepak Garg
The meetup is scheduled on the 24th of this month.
Please let know if anyone else would like to present too.
http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/
I won't be able to make it.

[...]
--
Cordially,
Noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in
Sunil Murthy
2012-10-18 13:21:13 UTC
Here are the additional details crossposted on the meetup page.

InfoToros Software (P) Ltd.
1312 (2nd Floor), 20th Main, 9th Cross,
2nd Phase JP Nagar
Bangalore - 560 078

Landmarks:
Two streets parallel to Rangashankara / JP Nagar Post Office / Aatithya
Restaurant
One street parallel to JP Nagar Police Station

General Directions from Silk Board Jn:
Go past BTM Layout on Outer Ring Road
Cross Jayadeva / Bannerghatta Road intersection and on continue on to
Marenahalli Rd
Go past Bangalore Central on your left
TURN LEFT on Aurobindo Marg (Jayanagar 11th Main crossing) heading towards
JP Nagar (landmarks Raghavendra Swamy Temple corner / Citibank ATM on left)
Look for signs to Rangashankara and JP Nagar Police Station and TURN LEFT
Go past JP Nagar Post Office/Rangashankara Road
Go past JP Nagar Police Station (21st Main)
TURN RIGHT into 20th Main
Building on your left

If there are questions please call:
+91-80-26583558 or +91 98451 54877

Sunil

Sunil, please update some contact details on the event page so that if
anyone has issue reaching the place, they have someone to call.

If anyone else would like to present something please reply back or update
the page yourself.

http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/86481052/

Cheers,

Deepak